There were a lot of great articles this week, and, in no particular order, here are a few of my favorites.
- 1. Our Bodies, Our Stilettos gives a witty and engaging account of one woman's personal struggle with infinitely high heels and the troubles they cause, as well as the historical evolution of the mother of all shoes.
- 2. Conservatives Exploiting Health Care to Deprive Poor Women of Access to Abortion, brought to you by AlterNet. Conservatives? Exploitation? It's like peanut butter and jelly.
- 3. Feminist Activists Find Peace in Thailand is a piece that struck me as incredibly beautiful. Women, coming together as women, finding peace amidst chaos.
- 4. Imminent UN Vote on Right to Water. A historic vote and ESSENTIAL vote, seldom covered by mainstream press. Spread the word!
- 5. Dance, Don't Drive: How to Live in Tune With the Planet is a critique of what is happening now, and a vision for what must take place in the future. By far, one of the most exceptional articles I've read in a very, very long time.
There you have it, my top five! Hope you enjoy.